What is the most important thing that any learner driver should have in him/her: It is very much expected that if you are beginner in driving, you must be excited to give your best because like anyone else, you also believe that driving your own car yourself gives a sense of independence and freedom. But, what most people forget that driving lessons are at the very least, humanly daunting and can break or shatter your confidence level in no time. Hence, self-confidence is the most important attribute.
Few non-theoretical and experiential guidelines for any learner driver:
- Take it at a pace you can adapt to: There is no rush to get your driving license; rather you should take it one at a time. So why hassle yourself to get to the test stage faster than your friend and ultimately fail miserably because in this chaotic hurry to learn fast, you forgot to pay attention to minute details.
- Practice, as much as it is possible for any human being: Don’t push yourself to read the facts more and more, but push yourself to go out and actually become adept at small and easy drives on the road, be it a highway or near your colony. All you need is someone from your friend circle or family who holds a driving license to sit beside you and guide you so that before taking the driving test and trying your level best to ace it, you actually have experienced real life driving lessons and boosted up your trust in yourself which will come handy in your foreseeable driving temperament.
- Stick to an instructor whom you can respect: It is universally suggested that get an instructor whose teaching style doesn’t bust up your confidence. If you feel that the rapport you share with your driving instructor isn’t building up your self-reliance and fortitude, then don’t hesitate to hire another someone. If your assertive and positive feelings about your driving skills are crumpled down before taking the test, then rest assured, not only you will fail, but that feeling of being a failure will stick around for years.
- Find out the way you learn better: Everyone is a different kind of learner. Someone is methodical; someone learns better when the tricks and tips are explained theoretically while someone might be the hippy who wants to just hit the road and experience bit by bit slowly. So it is your duty to find out how you will work out the steps that need to be learnt.
- Insurance coverage is essential: Advice is to avoid the big-budgeted premiums and opt for the learner driver insurance policy so that you stay protected and yet you don’t have to spend a huge amount during the learning phase.
- Ignore the drivers who are nothing but impatient: When you are driving on a busier road, the most important thing that you have to teach yourself is not to get dominated by drivers who for no cause are determined to bother you inconveniently.
- Save yourself from unnecessary anxiety and be aware of traffic rules: This is something very basic and yet very much crucial because if and when people don’t follow the traffic rules, the risks of occurrence of unwanted and unintentional accidents get up a notch.